Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fresh insights into 1 Corinthians

Picked up Kenneth Bailey's new book, Paul Through Mediterranean Eyes: Cultural Studies in 1 Corinthians (SPCK 2011). I love Bailey's work - his writing on the parables is wonderful - but he doesn't write enough about Paul. So this is a welcome arrival.

I shall be recommending it to my students on the introduction to Paul course that I've just started teaching at Spurgeon's because it will offer a unique and helpful insight into this most intriguing letter. I hope they enjoy it

There was a lovely moment in my class on Monday morning when, after the mid session break, one student strode in bearing a copy of my World of the Early Church that he had just bought from the bookstall. I suspect that he'll do well and go far!

No comments: